Many clients will be concerned and anxious about being in social gatherings no matter how small. We want you to know that Brilliant Birthdays are retaining their support for physical and mental health and this is at the heart of any decisions and plans that we as an organisation make. It seems highly likely that there will be a requirement for some form of social distancing for some time to come.
As Lockdown restrictions are being lifted incrementally we are implementing the following rules and safety measures to help ensure we can provide a safe and fulfilling party experience.
Covid-19 Terms and Conditions
- Under no circumstances should anyone attend a Brilliant Birthday Party if they are showing any symptoms of Covid-19, or they are shielding because they are considered in the high-risk category due to their age or underlying health issues. This goes both ways, we will not send out any entertainers that do not comply with this safety measure. If our entertainer feels this safety measure is not met and the environment you provide is not safe, they have the right to cease the party entertainment and leave the premises. This is for the benefit of everyones safety. In this instance your deposit would be Non Refundable.
Outdoor Events – Recommended
- Parties and events that take place in an Outdoor space i.e garden, courtyard or park. If the weather takes a turn for the worst and you can provide a gazebo or outdoor shelter our party hosts will continue with the entertainment. However if you can’t provide any form of shelter the party will cease.
- Please allow plenty of space for social distancing and keep the numbers to a very minimum to adhere to government guidance. We strongly recommend outdoor events however if this is impossible please ensure that the venue being used is of a suitable size for the amount of guests attending so that Social Distancing can be in place.
- Brilliant Birthdays Entertainers will wear a CE & FDA Certified Medical Grade Quality Full Face Clear Visor Shields. This will enable your host to still use the professional headset microphone we provide so that the quality of your party will be sustained. This will offer protection for both the entertainer and your guests.
- When paying your entertainer on their arrival, please count out the money in front of them and then place the money into bag or envelope they will provide. This will help to stop any cross contamination.
- All sweetie prizes have now been replaced by our NEW Brilliant Birthdays Stickers to again make our parties Covid- Safe. These have been hand drawn and designed by one of our Brilliant Birthdays team members during lockdown!
- All guests attending a Brilliant Birthday will be requested to wash their hands before the party begins and before the birthday tea.
- All Entertainers will wear a Face Shield/Cover during Glitter Tattoos and Face Painting. All brushes will be cleaned and sterilised between each child.
- All props used at each Brilliant Birthday will be sanitised after each party and no props are to be shared between children at the party. Entertainers will wash their hands before preparing the Brilliant Birthdays Balloons for the children to take home.
- We have taken out our Pass The Parcel Game from all party plans and replaced it with a Crafty Colouring Contes.
- Brilliant Birthdays Costumes will be cleaned and disinfected between every party.
- Brilliant Birthdays staff arrive at your party in uniform and will then change into their clean costume on arrival.
- Each Brilliant Birthdays Suitcase will be sanitised before and after each event.
- Please brief all your party guests on the no contact restrictions that are in place and reassure them its for their own safety.
- Social Distancing will be encouraged during the party and included as part of the party plans wherever possible and we ask that you provide a space large enough to facilitate this.
- Brilliant Birthdays Entertainers will be limited to attend one event per day.We ask that a suitable dressing room be made available for your entertainer to get changed and ready on arrival to your home or venue.
- We ask that parents attending take an active role in helping the entertainer manage the children and encourage social distancing within the party setting wherever possible.
- If it’s possible we ask that you provide a gazebo or some form of outdoor shelter and our entertainers will happily proceed with the entertainment – The show must go on!
- However, if you are unable to provide outdoor shelter or an alternative indoor suitable venue you have three options:
- Take the risk (If it rains during your party the entertainment will have to cease and full fees will apply – we will not beable to offer a deposit refund and you will still be required to pay your entertainer in full).
- You can reschedule your party (For no extra cost – please give us written notice via email with in 48 hours notice)
- You can cancel your party (We will refund your deposit – as long as you provide us with written notification via email within 48 hours notice – if you give us less than 48 hours notice full fees will apply)
Please help us help you make your party or event Covid-Safe. We welcome your questions and will do everything in our power to make our parties as safe as possible.
Additional Terms and Conditions When Booking Our Services
- Brilliant Birthdays t/a Ignite My Party Ltd is covered with public liability insurance and all of our entertainers have an up to date DBS check. All electrical equipment used is either brand new or PAT tested for safety.
Please note, for safety reasons, at least one other adult, in addition to the entertainer, must be present the whole time the entertainment is running. They must be present should they be needed in the event of an accident arising. It is the responsibility of the client to ensure this happens.
We retain the right not to conduct certain activities if we feel the children are not responding appropriately, or are too riotous and therefore we deem it unsuitable to conduct certain activities at the party.
- You will receive a welcome call from our Entertainer the Thursday before the date of your booking with us. The call will be made to the Telephone Number provided at the time of booking with us. In the event that your entertainer can not reach you on the number you provided the personal mobile number of our Brilliant Birthdays entertainer will be provided to you via email from the Brilliant Birthdays Office for you to contact. Should you for any reason not receive a Welcome Call from your entertainer it is the clients (Your) responsibility to call the office during office hours (Monday – Friday 9.30am – 5.00pm) to reconfirm the booking and provide a contact number for our entertainer to call. Failure to make contact and reconfirm your booking with us will result in your party being cancelled.
- Written notice and a minimum of 48 hours (2 days) are required for event cancellation. Cancellations made after this time will be subject to the full fee. If you wish to cancel a party, notice must be given in writing via email at least 48hrs prior to the party to receive a deposit refund. You must have received an email acknowledgement of your cancellation back . Please note we cannot accept messages left on voicemail as notification.
If for any reason a party has to be cancelled on the day of the party, notice must be given before the entertainer has commenced travel to the party destination. If for any reason you have to cancel and don’t give notice before the entertainer has commenced travel, you are required to cover the entertainer’s travel costs in full plus the full party balance.
If for any reason we have to cancel a party due to extreme weather conditions then your deposit would be fully refundable.
- We reserve the right to change entertainers at last minute and without notice due to sickness. We will always provide a replacement entertainer or if the client would prefer a full deposit refund.
- We quote on a booking by booking basis but parties that fall outside of the M25 do attract a £55.00 Surcharge to cover the extra travel time for the entertainer and transport costs to get your entertainer to the party venue. Within the M25 some additional costs may still apply depending on the party location in relation to Public Transport. Please note 90% of travel by Brilliant Birthdays Staff is taken on Public Transport as we move towards being as eco friendly as possible!
- We reserve the right to cancel a party if the number of children exceeds the number booked for. We have strict numbers in place to prevent your party quality being diluted. One Entertainer can manage a very MAXIMUM of 30 children. Please note Due to Covid19 new restrictions apply please see the above T&C.
Booking our Services
- Please note that a party is not booked and confirmed until a deposit payment has been paid to Brilliant Birthdays. Payments can be taken via the website 24/7 or via Telephone 9.30am – 5.00pm Monday – Friday. We do also accept bank transfers however you must email the office to notify us once a deposit transfer has been made. You will then receive a confirmation from us, acknowledging payment and confirming the booking.
Please note we do not accept cheques.
Please note that until you have had a confirmation email form us acknowledging payment, our services are not confirmed. Brilliant Birthdays Offices are closed during the weekends. Any deposit payment made online to Brilliant Birthdays will be processed on Monday morning and you can expect a full email confirmation then. When Booking last minute for the weekend ahead please check availability with the Brilliant Birthdays office before making a deposit payment as availability can be limited if not booking at least one month in advance.
- Please note that when booking our services you are booking a specific time slot, Service, Event address and Theme.
- Any changes to your original booking must be submitted in writing to the Brilliant Birthdays office.
- An administration charge of £25 will be charged per booking change. The changes requested will take effect upon payment being made by you the client.
- Please note this does not apply to date changes in this instance a new Deposit would need to be paid as all Deposit Payments are non Refundable and Non Exchangable.
- Except in the case of the Corona Virus (Please see special Circumstances T&C above).
- Unless you have already paid the balance in full, the remaining balance for the entertainment must always be paid in cash on the day to the entertainer/s BEFORE THE PARTY COMMENCES.
- Please note entertainers cannot accept cheques, card payments or any other form of payment.
- We regret that the entertainer/s cannot be asked to wait for payment after the party.
- The final Balance must be paid BEFORE the entertainer/s start the event.
- If the client is unable to pay the final balance before the party start time the entertainer will leave the party venue and the deposit payment would be non refundable.
- Please note Brilliant Birthdays does not take responsibility for children causing damage to a venue or any property that the party is held in. This includes, but is not limited to a home, hired venue or public area.
- Please note that all of our party packages are appropriate to the age of the children outlined on our website. You should be aware that the activities will not be appropriate for children outside the specified age range.
- If you have younger children attending the party we would ask that you please ensure that either the parent or an adult supervisor is there to look after them and prevent them from disrupting the party.
- By booking a party with Ignite My Party Ltd t/a Brilliant Birthdays you understand that you release us from any liability associated with accidents of any kind. This includes but is not limited to accidents occurring to any adults or children.
- You also release Ignite My Party Ltd t/a Brilliant Birthdays from any liability associated with accidents or damage caused to furniture, fixtures or fitting or property of any kind not belonging to that of Ignite My Party Ltd t/a Brilliant Birthdays.
- In the unlikely event that refunds or compensation is requested, you accept that any refunds or compensation given, will be limited to the total value of the cost of hiring our services.
- If parties are held anywhere other than your home, we will assume that you have either hired the hall or had permission to use the space, and have deemed the space suitable and safe to use for the types of activities being provided by Ignite My Party Ltd t/a Brilliant Birthdays.
- Please note that, although it is extremely unlikely to happen, we reserve the right to cancel a party at any time, either before or during the party.
- This may include, but is not limited to, cancelling a party if we deem the venue to be unsuitable or if we feel that there are circumstances present of any kind that would be unsuitable to run a party.
- Please note that although it is very unlikely to happen, your entertainer can change at the last minute. Party bookings are not made on the basis of specific entertainers, or specific gender.
- All parties are exclusive to Ignite My Party Ltd t/a Brilliant Birthdays and all material is copyrighted and the property of Ignite My Party Ltd t/a Brilliant Birthdays.
- Please note that with all our parties we will require a table. Usually a trestle table (about 6ft long) is the best type of table. If your party is in a venue then usually this will be available but please do ensure that one is available or we may not be able to do the party.
- During the party the customer must ensure at least 1 adult is present in the same room for the entire duration of the entertainment. This is in case accidents should occur or children need to go to the toilet. We regret, for safety reasons, we cannot conduct the entertainment unless at least one adult is present in the room the entire time.
- During our parties we ask that no food or drink is provided during the actual entertainment that might distract children from the entertainment whilst it is happening. E.g. buffet food out on a table for children to access.